Saturday, July 6, 2013

Donations.

To all of my amazing and loyal followers, I'm writing you this blog cringing.  I hate to beg but eventually I feel like that it's what this might turn into, and I'm sorry!

The money that has been donated over almost the past four years has been amazing.  I've been able to purchase multiple pieces of equipment that I've benefited from greatly.  My FES RTI 300 was over $20,000.  My stander was $12,500 I believe.  Those are obviously the most expensive and important pieces.  I've been able to go to Kennedy Krieger and actually stay in Baltimore, rather than commute from Harrisburg to Baltimore every single morning and evening, but at a cost.  This past time it was over $2500 if I'm not mistaken.  On a smaller scale, I just ordered some tape so that I'm able to tape up my shoulders like my therapists from Kennedy would like me to.  That's $30.00.  I also ordered a drinking apparatus that I will be able to connect to my wheelchair so I will not have to constantly bother someone and ask for a drink.  Really excited for that!  After that was said and done I think that was $74.99.  This is all just done recently and I'm sure I'm missing some things.

Not to mention my handicap van.  Gas, inspections, repairs and so on.  I would love to be able to contribute and take care of these things myself but it is not feasible as I'm getting income once a month.  Unfortunately that's from the government and its disability so we're not talking a lot of money.  Hardly enough to pay my bills.

Monies are also used to cover any medical expenses in which my insurance does not.  This can be quite expensive as you may imagine or unfortunately even know firsthand.

Believe me, I would much rather go to work and never ask for a penny from anyone but at this point of my life, that's just not possible.  My main focus needs to remain on my occupational and physical therapy.  I need to keep pushing said that maybe one day when stem cells are approved, I'm physically healthy and in some kind of shape to be a good candidate.  At the very least, I need to keep doing my therapy so something clicks and I'm able to move my arms in the very very near future!  I wish!  We shall see.

OK, the not so fun part.  We have not had any big fundraisers in a long time and my fund is dwindling.  If you would be interested in giving a donation of any denomination, I would be so grateful and so would my family.  When these donations are made I do not see firsthand, just so everyone knows.  There are two options.  You may donate through Paypal or sending a check directly to the attorney who handles my fund.  Here is the information:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=3Sia3bMN5yPanaRBoDJwJ3SEO-rhyP6grtar_815V08Qy5ieGCObTFoAbXC&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d4e181b3aff599f99a338772351021e7d

Aaron's Journey
P. O. Box 267
Elizabethtown, PA 17057

Here is also a link from my original web site which I'm having trouble accessing...

http://www.aaronwood.us/?page_id=38


Thank you so much to everyone for everything you've done for me over the years and will continue doing going forward!  I cannot express my gratitude.  I can just say it means the world to me and has helped my family so much.  Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment